Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How To Make A Sleigh Cake

2009: The Paths of Mellois

Last
coast, more than a few meters to complete a superb day of racing!
Marion Relay 1, to the 10th km on the 26. After a quiet first part, it will accelerate make excellent time. Francis accompanies a small stretch of road
2nd relay for Corinne, the shortest (17 km) but not easier, including a shift from climbing quite impressive, and always a succession of ribs and descents . Finally, the fog had lifted and the sun begins to appear
Here I am in the forest of Hermitain after 45 minutes of racing. This is the "culmination" of my relays (170 m). It is also the time when I start to get a rhythm interesting because until now I feel like the wedge but do not advance!


The arrival of 19 km, waterbody Lambon, last rib, and I'm not going to let me go through the 20 m behind me guys! Thank you to Eliane for photos


End Relay for Francis, still in the bump to the 10th km, but who will know failure legs thereafter. There are days like this ....


Like last year, the leading team of "To Miss s" at the start of Trails Mellois, this Saturday to share adventures in the company of Eliane, patient and caring supporter. It was a bit reversed the order of the relays on 2008, boredom born of uniformity (La Fontaine). So Marion, who gets stuck for the first relay, the longest and who turns in a superb 2 h 18, paths a little less muddy than last year.

Corinne attack the 17 km following the Exoudun to Souvigné part I did in 2008. Except this year, to spice up a little, she was found after 7 or 8 km to some climbing rope with a portion of the climb. Not expected that! and it is not the average up ...

13:45. I start from the 3rd Souvigné relay 19 km. Beautiful sun begins to heat, 3 good ribs and a ford crossing in the first 4 kilometers myself a little break. I can not find a proper rhythm, the breath is short and I is not moving! Finally, after the forest of Hermitain, about 9 or 10 miles, it is gradually returning, and I am pleased by accelerating, I caught up and crosses many competitors, which is always good for morale. 1 h 46.

Francis then went to the last relay, 20 km + 2 that we all share 4. Although in the first game, he pays a little late for making race the previous Sunday, and no doubt the sun gives good this afternoon.
By 8 am we 08'07 48th of 68 teams, like last year and the day ends after showering to Sudan before the Orangerie restaurant plates delightfully performed by Brunet brothers, and pastry chef.
A race really well organized and a good day there are always too short!

0 comments:

Post a Comment