Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Should I Shave Before Waxing

May 17, 2009: Trail of Cornices

few strides before warm-up Our Lady of The Salvage, lost in the woods in the Causse du Larzac.
's go for 26 km and 1000 m of ascents and descents in the wild beauty of the gorge Dourbie
Upon arrival, 3 h 22 later with a companion who shared the last mile with me
The "playground" Trail of Cornices
As promised last year, I'm back on this trail magic, always GMOs (Simmered Ingeniously Organization), and more Greener! bio-degradable barrier tape, distributing cups plastic reusable everyone to avoid wasting the food supply. They are also used for the meal after the race.
This year, small change, it rotates in the opposite direction, and the course made a few extra detours. Result: everyone is a time a little longer, including the first.
No matter, the course is always so pretty. Is attacked by a good run, about 4 km in a relatively flexible does not hit too. In the valley, you begin to feel the heat. In following up, I alternate between running and walking because my Camelbak is heavier than last year (1.5 liter instead of 1), there is only one supply this year, around the 14th kilo at the lowest point of the race. I arrive in 1 hour and 38 after a steep descent in a wood, legs are hard bottom. The ascent to the plateau, about 400m above, begins well, but after 10 minutes, I walk more. It is a stroke of "worse" that will last a good half hour. In addition, I have a problem with my pocket beverage. There is still water, but when I long the pipette, it has almost nothing ... and I know there is more than an hour of racing. Finally, around 2 hours 30 minutes of racing, I pick up my backpack and discovered that the bag was turned upside down, with the pipette at the top ... I take this opportunity to eat a fruit paste because I feel a hypo coming, I drink some good sip. During this interlude, I am going through several competitors, and I finished the race with one of them. We pass under the arch of stones, the last climb before the final, and we decide not to sprint to the disappointment of the small speaker. We are tied 68th on 123.
Almost 20 mn more than in 2008 (3 h 22 3 h instead of 03), no doubt, it's harder in this direction. The first has 2 h13, 7 minutes more for him. Finally they are equivalent to a marathon lap on the road, but the pleasure is incomparable. Here, not one second of boredom! varied landscapes, beautiful and wild, very friendly welcome, impeccable organization, this trail will become a classic for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment